Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Belated July 4th (Total) Recall [Part 3]

FINALLY: The actual 4th day of July had arrived.

(The 2 days leading up to this day, not covered in this post, will remain that way.)

We awoke during the late morning/early afternoon in a NUTZ daze. Almost everything was in shambles and out of control. Doug, Dig[aret], Digerella, Douglita, Fresh, whatever you felt like calling him at this point, was still alive. Thank God.

I honestly don't really, really remember what happened over those 2 days. If I really think about it, then I can remember driving fast and recklessly around downtown Atlanta for a while with the top down and music blasting while crushing brews. I remember running into and catching up with Walter Pickens while Dig, Steph, and I were at lunch at... some pizza place... I forget. That's RANDOM. I DO remember Digga drank an entire pitcher by himself (at about 1:00 pm on a Monday [or Tuesday]).

My company had been calling me all morning/afternoon regarding IT issues, questions, etc. and wondering where I was. I did a good job.

I also remember crashing into a Starbucks around 5:00 pm that afternoon kinda pretty tipsy, pulling out my laptop, and working out some network and website issues while Doug drunk dialed some chick back in Charleston. It was either one of his mom, sister, or sister's chick friend. I know that much.

Let's get back to the morning/afternoon of July 4th. And let's fast forward through that entire day because it was just a freaking awesome nailz raging mess that I'd rather not risk carpal tunnel over.


So we actually make it out (Hnizdor drives [somehow]) to watch fireworks at Lenox and it was righteous. We brought plenty of beer for plenty of reasons. After Lenox we headed down to the Virginia-Highlands area to meet up with some SMOKESHOWS we'd met that afternoon at the pool.

We met them alright at Hand In Hand and the chick Hnize was into was also into him. However, these girls were already with another group of bros that they knew?? WHAT?!?!? Thankfully we overwhelmed those dudes and they ended up leaving us with the chickz. YES.

HOLD UP. Steph and her crew roll up all of a sudden. Dig had been sexting them, unbeknownst to me. Things get weird.

Our chicks leave to go to another VA-Highlands place a couple of blocks down. We meet them there (with our chicks) 15 minutes later. Things get weirder.

For the next 2 hours Dig provokes Hnizdor (continuously throughout the night) to hit on this chick who clearly has a boyfriend. What? Truth. He keeps telling him to "go back and give it another shot, to try harder, to not give up, to persist, to GET IT, to SUCCEED, TO WIN!!!!"

We end up back at our apartment one expensive taxi ride, not paid for by us, around 1:00 a.m. I'd like to say. It's quickly decided that we're going out to the pool. We had some girl come out on her porch at about 1:30 to tell us to STFU. I had to be responsive and productive that morning, so I left Digga, Steph, and Lauren down there at the pool......

Well... This is where things get the MOST WEIRD. Digger Fresh never came back that night/morning DESPITE the door being left unlocked and our apartment fully accessible and able to accommodate...

This kid... THIS KID. SOMEHOW he ended up back at Steph and Lauren's place. "WWHHOOOAAAA.... Dude... You're dating a freaking SMOKESHOW back in Charleston and you've already been going through the Mere Mere incident since you got here 4 days ago!," was all I could think. (This Mere incident was still going on, by the way.)

What a bro, Doug. Somehow you made it back to our apartment. You made it back to safe haven. I was sleeping while Danny and Alex were leaving for work. Danny said Digga was crushing a handle of vodka at 8:30 a.m. when he (Danny) was just about to leave for work. Doug Fresh then had to drive Hnize to his car, which had been left down in the VA-Highlands area...

Doug was NOT GOOD when he got back (and I was finally awake [around 10:30 a.m.]).

To this day we still do not know what happened and went down at the pool and/or at Steph/Lauren's place after I left the pool that night. All of the recounting and memories from everyone (Dig, Steph, Lauren) are unclear, inconsistent, uncertain, gray and the shade hasn't changed since their depositions/interrogations... What really happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment