Friday, December 28, 2012

[I'm] Going Back To Cali (Part 1/2)


Good Lord. Please forgive Will Voegeli. I don't know how I let him get so backed up on sharing these fantastic experiences with his friends and self.

Despite the delay, this should be a fun post to read. You got that Will?? Yeah. I got it and apologize. I'm looking forward to this.

So I last left off with wrapping up my visit to Block Island and leaving y'all with a riveting, edge of your seat conclusion that lead into my (secretly) wild trip to California.
Venice Beach

It was a spur of the moment trip. Joe told me one morning that we should find the best SEO certification course and get certified in this shit. I believe it was later that afternoon that we found good ole Bruce Clay teaching out in a suburb of LA, California. It was originally just supposed to be Joe and I, but towards the end of the ticket booking he called and told me, "Hey Will. Tell Jen she's coming, too. Get her to send me her info. I'm booking tickets now, so tell her to send me her stuff ASAP."

I hang up the phone and head into Jen's office to let her know that she's coming to California with Joe and I. Mind you, Jen had only been with KooKoo Bear for a few weeks. What's more interesting: she'd only been working upstairs in the "web department" for about 1 week, didn't know what sort of work she was getting into, and didn't know Joe or I at all...
Good Ole Los Angeles Car Jacking

Typical Jen (Yinny) was focused (a little too much) on something on her computer screen when I walked in to break the news. (Not to my surprise now-a-days) She was startled by my entry. I told her she needed to e-mail Joe all of her personal information. She asked why. I responded, "Because we're going to California and apparently you're coming with us. You ready to learn a few new tricks? Okay. Stop looking at me like that." Jen asked when we were leaving. "Sunday," I said. "This Sunday?" she replied. "................." I said. (I think the time between me telling her she was coming on a trip and the time we were flying out was about 3 days...)

We all finally rendezvous at the airport. (Of course I am the last person to arrive at the terminal.) Jen, okay from here on out I have to refer to Jen as "Yin or Yinny," looked a little nervous, but cool and level headed. I was pretty excited, myself. Joe managed to get all three of us seats next to each other, so that was pretty fun. Jen got the middle seat at first, but I forced her to switch so I could box her into the window seat and have a perfect blend between bro-talk on my left (with Joe) and chick flirting on my right (with Jen). Joe and Jen watched on my laptop as I talked the support chick with the Delta Go-Go In Flight into free Wi-Fi for the entire flight. B055 /\/\0\/3.
Beautiful Los Angeles

Jen was starting to turn out to be a pretty cool chick. Disclaimer: At first, in the office, I'd thought that she was a kind of weird, strange, A-type, dork. (That was way before I knew how smart and A-type and strange and dorky and weird she really was...)

We landed in LA and it was hot. It felt EXCELLENT. Being on foot in the city was bright, hazy, thick, and hot. It was exactly how I'd imagined and seen it in the video games and movies. I loved it!

Joe got a cool rental car (that turned out to host some freaking fun rides) and the 3 of us rolled out towards Simi Valley. [Okay. This is another "aside" or whatever you want to call it, but this was Jen's first experience riding in a car with Joe (and in LA), so she had zero expectations...] Joe performed his normal wild, fun ATL driving, but on the highways of LA without a scratch. Joe's driving seems like luck, but don't disagree, it is purely finesse.
The hotel is reached. We are all tired, but know what we are in for. I guess it makes perfect sense that there's a restaurant/bar called "Elephant Bar" practically connected to the hotel... (To be kindled at a later time.)

My room looked SO BALLER. Like... This baby literally looked like I walked back into an 80s hotel room that likely had a Scarface movie scene shot in it. Jen's room happened to be right next to mine. Joe's room happened to be like 30 rooms down the hall and to the left... IDK. WHATEV.

We're scheduled attend this class starting at 9:00 AM every morning most of the time we were there. Noting in my brain that I had to be good to learn a whole lot of new stuff in the morning and that my alarm was going off at 8:00 AM... I called Jen and told her to, "Meet me outside of my room in 3 minutes." I told her, "we're walking next door to a gas station to grab a case of beer and coming back to have a good night." She arrived promptly and on time. The walk was completed. The beer was had. The night was fun. I discovered that Yinny is too good to be true.

This post is to be continued and finished by the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment